Blumenhaus Magazine - issue 4
Blumenhaus is a luxurious hybrid of an art book and a magazine founded and designed with care by Camille Gressier & Isabelle Laydier Kristensen.
Blumenhaus explores Botany with a romantic approach through 196 pages of editorials, portfolios, words & illustrations. Written in English by a group of professional editors & journalists specialized in botany, it focuses as much on the aesthetic side – mixing contemporary visuals and antique archives – as on bringing insight to its readers.
In this volume…
- Ancient History - flowers & their meanings
- The Modern Garden Cottage Revolution
- Horticouture - A History of Fashion & Flowers
- The Classical Origins of Leisure and Philosophy in the Garden
- A Neighbour Who Left Me Flowers on My Doorstep Every Friday
- Grown in Cloth: 19th Century Botanical Quilts
- On Prairie Girls: The Endurance of Pastoral Romanticism
- Sean Anthony Pritchard
- Ellen Merchant
- Jack Lewis, founder of Sowvital
- Guillaume Campredon
- Karolina Mershka, founder of Folka
- Les Néréides
And much more...
Exclusive editorials by Angie Couple, Pia Riverola, Yuji Watanabe, Berta Pfirsich, Tal Brushel, Noémie Beltran, Hana Snow.
We’ll also invite you to magnificent Portfolios of antique secret journals by Paperofthepast, The Citrus industry in California by Anaïs Wade & Morocco Rose Valley by Eva Donckers.
Some very special gifts to celebrate issue 4
Along with this silver issue Blumenhaus has partnered up with Sowvital to offer you a very special A3 poster illustrated by Leslie David on how to take care and show love to your indoor plants as well as a beautiful sticker sheet to decorate your favourite plant pots. This poster can’t be sold separately from issue 4.
196 pages / Size: 25 x 34 cm
Made in Paris, printed in Spain on offset quality paper.
Cover 350g, inside 120g.